Friday, January 14, 2011

Hereby name you, Seltide.

i was reciting a prayer when i saw it, that faint shadow peeking over me. i wondered to my inner most thoughts. Who is that person? I brought her to the mirror, her hands were rough, her nails looked worn out, not that i've ever known how and what nails would look like in different settings.
It was my reflection. The shadow, it was an exact reflective image of me. But she dint look so good. "You okay?" she just shooks her head, and her eyes smiled, (theres nothing for you to worry about) "Are you sure?" (Yes, dont worry bout it, you'll be ok, we'll be ok)She hugged me, got me to bed, and we slept. I usually have this thinking phase every night before i sleep, but i guess she helped silenced it down.

I woke up next day, feeling the effed up pain in my throat, did my early prayers and ran down to slice some lemons, and squeezed the perfectly pure juice down my throat, Die you nasty things.. then i soothe them, with honey. it felt heavenly.
But there was something else in my head.
What the hell are you?
i think you can call me Seltide.
Thats a very weird name.
Yours is too.
What do you want?
Runaway.
Im not a model.
I said RUN-A-WAY. NOT RUN-WAY.
oh. why?
Cause im tired being you.
being me?
Yeah you. you whiney, you fraud, you big pretend robot. I wanna see the truth in life. Youre like my dream's pacifier.
I know. i cant help it. Reality is too much.
Yeah, and theres only so little that i can take.
I know that.
So could you let me go?
I dont know if i could, Seltide.
__________
then she vanished. Leaving me as troubled as i am. No less clearer. Only more confused.

0 comments: